Best 22 Scope for Squirrel Hunting – Guide & Review
- 1 Best 22 Scope for Squirrel Hunting- Comparison table
- 2 Recommended Best 22 Scope for Squirrel Hunting
- 3 How To Choose The Best 22 Scope For Squirrel Hunting
If you have decided to incorporate a scope in your squirrel hunting, then you should know the immense advantages you have just picked for yourself. A good scope will give you a perfect shooting experience.
It will be the reason why your accuracy when shooting improves out of the blues. Selecting the best 22 scope for squirrel hunting could be an overwhelming task because there are many scopes on the market today. Therefore after going through this text, I doubt if you will still be scared to search. Instead, you will be able to pick one out of your personal preferences.
Best 22 Scope for Squirrel Hunting- Comparison table
Simmons Mag (R) Matte Black Riflescope
15.2 x 3.2 x 3 inches
Nikon ProStaff Rimfire with BDC Reticle
19.2 x 4 x 4.5 inches
Tasco Rimfire Reticle .22 Riflescope
14.1 x 3.5 inches
Bushnell AR Optics Drop Zone-22 BDC Rimfire Reticle Riflescope
13.5 x 3.5 x 2.9 inches
BARSKA Plinker-22 Riflescope
12.4 x 2.2 x 2.2 inches
Recommended Best 22 Scope for Squirrel Hunting
1. Simmons Mag(R) Matte Black Riflescope
The Simmons 511039 Riflescope comes with a high-quality optical glass which makes hunting fun. Along with the optical glass, you get to experience the magnificent performance of the fully coated optics. The optics bring bright and sharp images into focus.
The Simmons 511039 Riflescope features a powerful coated hydro shield lens which will help you maintain a clear picture of that skimpy squirrel. One good thing about this lens is that it doesn't matter what weather you will be out hunting. It performs irrespective of the conditions.
With a superb magnification of 3-9 x 32mm, the matte black riflescope from Simmons will make your hunt a success. It has a Simmon's sure grip rubber surface which will make it easy for you to adjust to any shooting circumstances.
- It delivers stunning performance
- Crafted with Reliable grip
- The riflescope is highly accurate
- It is a high-end scope
- The design is sophisticated
- Boosts self-confidence
- The riflescope is expensive
- The lenses are delicate
- If the adjustable magnification and parallax are not well set, one may have a wrong sighting.
2. Nikon ProStaff Rimfire with BDC Reticle
The Nikon ProStaff Rimfire with BDC Reticle features a fully coated optical system which will allow you to target clearly because it transmits light fully. The innovated adjustment technologies just virtually make it incomparable to other scopes.
To ensure you get to enjoy simplified field adjustments, the Nikon comes with a zero-reset turret built in the riflescope. All you have to do, is to do is sight in normally, boost the loaded spring to adjust the knob to zero and you are good to focus.
I loved the nitrogen filled O-ring sealed. The amazing fact about it is that you can use it in rainy or foggy weather. Also, the BDC reticle that comes with the advantage of long range shooting.
- Excellent light transmission
- The reticle offers precise focus
- The riflescope is waterproof
- It can cover nicely a long range shot
- Has unique design
- Easy field adjustments
- Too much light may blur the image
- The adjustment knob becomes loose over time
- One needs to be very careful when adjusting the magnification
3. Tasco Rimfire Reticle .22 Riflescope
The matte finished riflescope features a multi-layered magenta lens coating with a fully coated optics. The optics will succinctly give you bright and clear images of your prey. You can also get to enjoy hunting even when it's raining, or it's foggy because this scope is 100% waterproof.
The adjustable magnification is also present along with the default field of view. They both bring you best performance and accuracy on your hunting mission. Similarly, the fifty-yard parallax correction complements the powerful riflescope in its exquisite performance.
- High-quality optics
- The scope is great for wide range focusing
- The parallax settings are on point
- The design is compact and nice
- Great for hunting anytime anyplace
- Tested and approved
- The smooth monotube construction could easily slide off and drop
- The range for magnification is short
- It performs best at open range hunting
4. Bushnell AR Optics Drop Zone-22 BDC Rimfire Reticle Riflescope
The BDC embedded scope features a side parallax focus with target turrets to enable you to configure the exact adjustments. Similarly, the riflescope comes with a caliber specific reticle which will allow you to take every shot with unmatched accuracy.
You can also drop zero at fifty yards to 125 yards and still get to experience the riflescope's uncompromised performance. The long and matte finish scope has a powerful objective lens, the tube diameter is one inch, the field of view is awesome, the length and with are just perfect plus the eye relief, exit pupil, click value, adjustment ranges which are on point. Besides the scope has the second focal plane.
To top it all, the fully coated optics will give you peerless brightness even in low light.
- It is highly durable
- It has an attractive, sleek finish
- The magnification and parallax can be adjusted
- It supports long range accuracy
- It is a reliable riflescope
- It has a unique fast focus eyepiece
- The magnification range is low and short
- The erector cap collect may bound the chances of using additional low scope rings
- It's specifically designed for standard size riflescopes
The Plinker-22 Riflescope from Barska features numerously covered adjustable optics. The optics are adjustable for wind and elevation. On the same note, the fully coated optics render the scope a sharp optical clarity. You will never believe how good you can be in hunting with this riflescope.
The most popular 22 riflescopes is constructed precisely for attaching on to the 22 rifles made for plinking and hunting. Since it's for hunting, I realized that it could undoubtedly withstand the harsh outdoor conditions especially rain and fog.
With a tubular length of twelve-inches and one-inch diameter, the scope comprises attaching rings, lens covers and lens clothes for convenience.
- The riflescope offers remarkable performance
- The magnification is superbly adjustable
- Its length is just perfect for caliber 22 rifle
- Excellent field of view
- Durable body
- It is water and shock proof.
- Where there is huge magnification range, there is an equally huge parallax problem
- Not great for low light
- It is explicitly made for caliber 22
How To Choose The Best 22 Scope For Squirrel Hunting
Most people want the best scope for their rifles and shotguns. You also want the same to have a successful hunt, don't you? What most people don't realize it's not only about having the best scope but also having a simplified experience. Only the best scope can offer simplicity. Unlike old scopes, they are well advanced. Here is a list of the most important things you should keep in mind while choosing a scope;
Low optical power will allow faster and more accurate targeting as well as instinctive shooting. High optics will allow greater target execution the only problem is, such a scope is large, heavy, and expensive and it's less portable. You know the hunting conditions you experience, so I suggest you pick a scope with favorable optics.
Size Of The Objective Lens
The objective lens has a very dire task of transmitting light to give a clear image. The bigger the objective lens, the more light you get on the eye meaning brighter and clearer images. The size of the objective lens also affects the magnification.
This is when the reticles seem like it has changed position about the target when one moves his head slightly. It most occurs when the scope is not able to focus clearly. Especially on scopes that allow extensive magnification range. Controlling parallax is somewhat hard. I advise you to pick a scope with moderate magnification range so as to get rid of parallax easily.
The bigger the scope, the pricier it is. The price also can be determined by how powerful a scope could be meaning it varies with the performance index. I suggest you choose a scope which has a price that comfortably fits your budget and has all the quality features you need.
High-quality scopes deliver high performance. They have a cool finish with all features included extremely effective. High-quality scopes spark confidence by boosting the hunting experience. I suggest you choose the scope with incomparable quality and I can assure you, hunting won't be a nightmare anymore.
If I were asked to pick a scope randomly in a store and recommend it, I would look for any out of the list. It is because exceptionally popular brands construct the best 22 scope for squirrel hunting and come with great value.
They are of high quality and perform magnificently. You've seen that each one of them can fit someone's budget and there is no way you will be going home without a scope.